Nilphamari Tourist Places are Nil Sagar, Teesta Barrage, Saidpur Church and more. The district is under Rangpur Division. It has a long old history.
Nilphamari District Information
Nilphamari is situated in the Northern part of Bangladesh. It is a part of the Rangpur division. At the time of the British period, Nil cultivation was famous here. The name has come from there. The town stands on the bank of the Tista River. It is started as a district on 16th June 1984.
It is renowned for some of the tourist resorts like Nil-Sagor, Tista Bridge, Uttara EPZ. There is an old train station in Syedpur and also a railway workshop. Syedpur is an Upazila town, but it has importance for the British period. Main Rivers are Tista, Chikni, Dhaigan, Jamuneshwari. There is a cantonment here. Postal Code is 5300. NWD Code is 0551. Govt. official Website is www.nilphamari.gov.bd
The district has 6 Upazilas. They are Nilphamari Sadar, Saidpur, Jaldhaka, Kishoreganj, Domar, and Diml.
Rangpur and Lalmonirhat in East, Rangpur, and Dinajpur in the south, Dinajpur and Panchagarh in the West, Siliguri of India in the North.
Weather and Temperature
Highest average temperature: 32.3°c Celsius
Lowest average temperature: 11.2°c Celsius
The average amount of rainfall is 2,931 mm.
Nilphamari Tourist Places
- Nilphamari Sadar Upazila
- Neel Kuthi (Nilphamari Sadar Upazila)
- Nilsagar Dighi
- Tomb of Hazrat Pir Mohiuddin (Kunda Pukur),
- Bishnu Mandir (Palashbari)
- Uttara Export Processing Zone
- Railway Factory in Saidpur
- Sayadpur Railway Factory
- Sayadpur AirPort
- Shahid Captain Bashar Gate
- Chini Mosque at Islambagh (1863),
- Nat Settlement Prison at Natun Babu Para (1871)
- Martuza Institute at’ Saidpur town (1882)
- Saidpur Church (1893)
- Christian Church’ of Bangladesh (1906)
- Dimla Upazila
- Dimla Rajbari
- Shiva Mandir
- Three domed Mosque of Chand Khosal (Bherberi, eighteenth century)
- Putimari Mandir (Putimari)
- Nabagayadham (Bahagili)
- Furnace of the mother of Bhim
- Garh (fort) of Raja Dharmapal (Dharmapal union),
- Ritual Pot of Raja Harishchandra (Khutamara union),
- Bhimer Dhap in Golna union.
- Domar Upazila
- শাহ কলমদার মাজার
- চিলাহাটী স্থল বন্দর
- Mainamati Fort (Harinchara)
- Shah Kaland’s Tomb (Sonaroy)
- Hari Dha
- Leprosy Hospital
- Power Plant
- Ram Paul Garh
- Shadhinata Monument,
- Tomb of Hazrat Pir Mohiuddin (Kundupukur)
How to go
The district is 400 km from Dhaka. There is an airport in Syedpur. Train Station is Near Nilsagar Road in Nilphamari. From Dhaka, there are bus train and plane communication is better.