Lalmonirhat is in the Rangpur division. It was promoted into a district on 01 February 1984. An abandoned airbase is in this district. Now a unit of Bangladesh Air Force is placed here.
It is the birthplace of Poet Sheikh Fazlal Karim. Burimari land port is situated under Patgram Upazila. Trade and commerce between Bangladesh and India are conducted through this port.
The district had 33 enclaves. The two biggest enclaves of the district were Dahagram and Angarpota. Tin Bigha Corridor is situated close to the Panbari border boundary under the Kuchlibari union of Lalmonirhat.
This corridor is used to go into into the enclaves of Bangladesh named Dahagram and Angurpata. During the partition in 1947, some parts of Bangladesh became enclaves within the area of India.
Lalmonirhat Tourist Spots
- Dharla Bridge at Mughalhat
- Hazrat Shah Sufi Muhammad Fazlur Rahman Tomb (known as Blind Hafez)
- Harano (lost) Mosque (8th century AH)
- Hussain Sarabor (dry pond)
- Ijaradar Mosque
- Kakina Rajbari
- Kabi Bari (house and collections of poet Sheikh Fazlul Karim)
- Kutub Khana at Patgram,
- Khetu Mohammad Sarkar Bridge and Well at Aditmari
- Kakina Zamindar Bari Hawakhana
- Lalmonirhat District Museum
- Mogalhat Zero Point
- ‘Nag Lingam’ (rare variety of plant)
- Subadar Monsur Khan Mosque (known as Nidaria Mosque)
- Sindhumati dighi
- Sindurmati at Lalmonirhat Sadar
- Tin Bigha Corridor and Burimari Land Port (Patgram)
- Tista Barrage (Hatibandha), Shalban (Hatibandha)
- Tista Railway Bridge at Lalmonirhat Sadar
- Tusharbandhar Zamindar Bari
- Tushbhandar Zamindar Bari (Kaliganj),
- Zamindar Mahima Ranjan Museum
District Travel and Tourism Information
|Area / Map||1,241.46 square kilometers|
|Distance||374 km From Dhaka|
|Main River:||Tista, Dharla, and Saniajan.|
|Border||Kuchbihar and Jalpaiguri districts of the West Bengal (India) on the north, Rangpur on the south, Kurigram and Kuchbihar of West Bengal on the east, Nilphamari and Rangpur districts on the west.|
|Geo Position||26.00°N 89.25°E|
|Upazila||Lalmonirhat Sadar, Aditmari, Kaliganj, Hatibandha, and Patgram|
|Main Bus Terminal||The stand is at near Jail Rd and Stadium Rd|
|Airport||Nearest Airport is at Saidpur|
|Highest average temperature: °c Celsius
Lowest average temperature: °c Celsius.
The average amount of rainfall is mm.
|Hotels||List of district wise accommodations and rest houses with their contact phone number.|
|BD Govt. Website||www.lalmonirhat.gov.bd|
Related Web Links