Kurigram Tourist Spots are very popular for the traveler. It is in the Rangpur division.
The district is on the bank of Dharala river. It is declared as a district on 23 January 1984. It is located in the Northern part of Bangladesh. The district was established in 1984. It consists of 2 municipalities, 18 wards, 122 Mahallas, 9 Upazillas, 73 union Parishads and 1907 villages, 647 Mouzas, 14 enclaves. The District is adjacent to Indian Asam Border. Center bus stand located in the western part of the town. Train communication is also available.
Kurigram Tourist Spots
- Bhitarbandh Zamindar Bari (Nageshwari),
- Chakir Poshar Beel (Rajarhat),
- Dharla Bridge (Kurigram),
- Behular Char (Char Rajibpur),
- Canons of Panga Kingdom (preserved at the BDR Gate).
- Image of Kali at Dasherhat,
- Images of Mangal Chandi,
- Joymoni Zamindar Bari,
- Kali Siddheshwari Mandir (Ulipur),
- Kamakkha Devi,
- Laksmi and Sattanarayan in front of the Bhetarbandh Zamindar Bari,
- Phulsagar (Phulbari),
- Naodanga Zamindar Bari (Phulbari),
- Naodanga Zamindar Bari and Mandir (Phulbari),
- Pangeshwari Mandir and remnants of the Rajbari (Rajarhat),
- Ramna Ghat (Chilmari),
- Remnants of a mosque (Mughal period, 1176 AH) at Nayarhat (Rajarhat),
- Remnants of a mosque near Patweshwari Bazar (Mughal period),
- Sindurmati Dighi (Rajarhat).
- Three domed mosques (Mughal period) at village Majider Par of Thanahat Union (Bhurangamari),
District Travel and Tourism Information for Traveler
|Area / Map||2296.10square kilometers/ Map|
|Distance||350.6 km From Dhaka|
|Main River:||Brahmaputa, Dharal, Tista, Dudhkumar, Phulkumar, Sonaburi, Jiniram, Gangadhar, Halhali and Jalchira|
|Border||Indian Cooch Bihar district on the north, Gaibandha on the south, Asam of India on the east and Rangpur and Lalmonirhat districts on the west.|
|Geo Position||25.75°N 89.66°E|
|Upazila||Kurigram sadar, Nageshwari, Bhurungamari, Phulbari, Rajarhat, Ulipur, Chilmari, Rowmari, Char Rajibpur|
|Main Bus Terminal||Cross of College Rd and Busstand Rd|
|Train Station||Station Rd|
|Airport||Nearest Airport is at Saidpur|
|Highest average temperature:32.3°c Celsius
Lowest average temperature:11.2°c Celsius.
The average amount of rainfall is2,931mm.
|Hotels||List of district wise accommodations and rest houses|
|BD Govt. Website||www.kurigram.gov.bd|
Related Website Links