Habiganj Tourist Spots are Rajbari at Puranbagh, Bibiana Gas Field, Fort of Putijuri and more. The district is on the north-east part of Bangladesh.
Habiganj District Information
Habiganj is a district under Sylhet division. It is famous for tea garden, rubber garden, gas field. It is in the north-eastern part of Bangladesh.
The region was named after Sayed Habib Ullah, so it is called Habigang. Bipin Chandra Pal was a nationalist leader in the British era. Legend poet and singer, Hemango Bishwas had born here.
|Location||Bangladesh Under Sylhet Division|
|Established||1 March 1984|
|Area||2,636.59 km2 (1,017.99 sq mi)|
|BD Government Web Portal||www.habiganj.gov.bd|
Presently Hobiganj consists of 9 Upazilas, six municipalities, 36 wards, 77 Union Parishads, 124 Mahallas, 1241 Mouzas and 2076 villages. Upazilas are:
- Habiganj Sadar
- Nabiganj, and
It is bordered by Sylhet and Sunamganj to the north, India to the south, Maulvibazar to the east, Brahmanbaria and Kishoreganj to the west.
Main rivers are Borak, Kalni, Kushiara, Khoay, Gopali, Ratna, Karongi, Katati, Sutang.
Habiganj Tourist Spots
- Ancient Rajbari (1737–38) at Puranbagh, Baniachang
- Bagala Matar Mandir, Habiganj
- Baniachong village (the biggest village in Asia)
- Bibir Dargah Mosque, Baniachang
- Bikhangal Akhra, Baniachang
- Bibiana Gas Field (Nabiganj)
- Champaboti Mazar
- Mira-tila and Tangee-tila, Nabiganj
- Foltoli-tila and water fountain, Nabiganj
- Jami Mosque, Bahubal
- Kalibari, Habiganj Sadar
- Kuri-tila, Black-stone
- Mashulia Akhra, Habiganj Sadar
- Mosque of Uchail, built by Mojlishe Amin
- Murarbandar Dargah Sharif, Chunarughat
- Mysterious Mosque
- Putijuri Jami Mosque, Bahubal
- Ramakrishna Ashram, Habiganj Sadar
- Ranir Dighi
- Rashidpur Tea Garden, Bahubal Upazila Habiganj
- Sankar Pasha Jamea Mosque
- Shagor Dighi, Baniachong
- Shajeerbazar, Chunarughat
- Sham-baoul Akhra and Doulotpur Akhra, Baniachang
- Tea garden in Madhabpur Upazila
- Teliapara Tea Garden, Mosque of Uchail
- War of Liberation Mass Grave, Nabiganj
- War of Liberation Memorial Monument, Nabiganj
Amtali Nature Resort at Rashidpur, Bahubal, Habiganj is a place for stay for tourist.
How to go
Bus communication is good for Habiganj. Buses are available from Mahakhali, Kalabagan, and Shadabad.