Eiffel Tower is one of the famous architectural beauties in the world located at the city of love Paris in France. It is a top rated tourist spot in the world.
About Eiffel Tower
The tower is situated on the Champ De Mars, a large public green space in Paris. The mega structure was established by a great engineer named Alexandre Gustave Eiffel. The tower was named Eiffel Tower at his name. It was established in the year 1889 in the World’s Fair for that year. Initially, the design and the establishment of the structure was widely criticized by a group of intellectuals and leading artists but at present it has become one of the most known and popular structures in France and all over the world. It is the tallest tower in Paris and most paid monument in the world. Millions of visitors from all over the world visit this amazing structure every year. In the year 2010 it was visited by about 250 million people. It is 324 meters tall which resembles the height of an 81 stored building. It held its reputation as the tallest building for 41 years, until Chrysler building was established in New York City in 1930. But in the year 1957, an aerial was established at the top of Eiffel Tower which made it 5.2 meters taller than Chrysler Building. The area postal code is 75007 of the place.
Major Attractions in the Eifel Tower
From Eiffel tower, you will be able to enjoy the beauty of Paris and take photos. After the sun set, the Eiffel tower becomes majestic with different kinds of lightings. It sparkles in golden light to welcome the night time visitors. You can enjoy Champagne at the top floor and enjoy a festive experience. It will enhance your sensational experience on the top of the Eiffel Tower. A glass of Champagne will cost you around 12 euro to 21 euro. You can also choose to climb the Eiffel tower on foot to proudly say that you have climbed 704 steps. I bet you, every step will be magnificent. If the sky is bright, you will be able to view 42 mile area from the tower.
How to Get to Eiffel Tower
- From Charles de Gaulle Airport, the tower is about 33.8 kilometers away, and it may take about an hour to reach the spot. You can take, taxi, bus, train, and motor bike taxis to reach the tower.
- The taxies are very comfortable, and it may cost you about 45 to 70 euros to reach the tower avenue. The cheapest way to reach the site is through Train. For the CDG airport, you will have to take RER B (blue line) to Saint-Michel and then to RER C (yellow line) to the train station. For one way it will cost 9.25 euro and if you want to cut ticket for way back as well, it will cost 18.5 euro.
- The motorbike taxis are the most comfortable vehicles to reach the site. It allows you to optimize your valuable time as they can easily avoid traffic. You will be able to reach your destination very quickly and spend some additional hours to enjoy the beauties. It may cost you 60 to 80 euro to hire a classic motorbike. If you want to hire a luxury motorbike, it will cost you around 110 euros.
Hotels and Accommodation
There are lot of budget and luxury hotels in hole Paris city. Most of the year the city is busy with many events and festivals. So it is required to book hotel advance before reach there. French food is famous. There are verities category of restaurant here. Apartments are cheaper then hotels.
Opening and Closing Time
The opening time of Eiffel Tower varies based on the time of the year. So, try to check time before you head to the Eiffel Tower. The tower remains opened every single day in a year. For early September, the opening time is from 9.am to midnight. For the rest of the year, the tower remains opened from 9.30 am to 11 am. In the weekends the tower remains opened for extended hours.
- You may purchase tickets from both the ticket office of Eiffel tower located at the bottom of the tower and online. The office remains opened till the midnight. It is convenient to purchase tickets online. If you purchase tickets online, you may get discount coupons or other additional offers and services. Take online help service for more information regarding ticket and admission. A notable aspect of purchasing tickets is that, the top floor tickets are sold considering the weather condition. In the rough environment, the top floor tickets are not sold considering the safety and security of the visitors.
- Now to make payment for the tickets, you may use your debit cards and credit cards. You may also your visa and mastercard. Make sure to print out the e-ticket purchased online. If you don’t download or print out the ticket, the ticket will become invalidated.
- For the adults the price is euro 9, and for the visitors between age 12 to 24 the price of ticket is euro 7, and for children aged between 4 to11, the price of ticket is euro 4.5. For the babies (age below 4), the entrance is completely free. For the top floors, the price for adults, youth, children are consecutively 15.5, 13.5, and 11 Euros.
- Official website for the spots is http://www.toureiffel.paris/en.html
Safety and Security
The Eiffel tower has a number of safety police and officials to ensure the safety and betterment of the visiting people. There are close circuit cameras everywhere and they are monitored very diligently to protect the tower and the visitors from the miscreants and terrorist attacks. You must be careful of your money bag and other baggage while enjoying the views or taking photos. You should consult with the security personnel, if you feel any problem.
Car Parking Facility
There are many car parking facilities near to Eiffel Tower. The names of the parking lots are Quai Branly, Pullman, and Saint Dominique. They charge different amount based on the duration of your car parking.
Best Time to Visit
The best time to tour Eiffel tower to beat long queue is to go half an hour before the opening time. On the other hand, the best time to get to the top of the tower is at the time of twilight. You will get the best view of twilight from the Eiffel Tower.